Indulging in a chocolate fountain is a delightful experience that adds a touch of luxury and fun to any event.
Whether you’re hosting a party, a wedding reception, or simply enjoying a night in with friends and family, a chocolate fountain is always a crowd-pleaser.
But besides the usual suspects like strawberries and marshmallows, what else can you dip in a chocolate fountain?
In this post, we will explore a variety of delicious and creative options for dipping that will elevate your chocolate fountain experience to new heights.
So, grab your skewers and let’s dive into a world of delectable delights!
Delicious Chocolate Fountain Dipping Foods
- Banana slices
- Apple slices
- Orange segments
- Pineapple chunks
- Melon balls
- Kiwi slices
- Dried fruits, like apricots and figs
- Pretzel sticks
- Mini churros
- Rice crispy treats
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Brownie bites
- Mini muffins
- Meringue kisses
- Bacon strips
- Potato chips
- Cheese cubes (e.g., cheddar, gouda, or swiss)
- Salted nuts (e.g., almonds, cashews, or peanuts)
- Chilli peppers
- Avocado slices
Remember to prepare and cut the foods into bite-sized pieces and remove any peels, seeds, or cores.
Additionally, while this list includes some savoury and exotic options, it’s important to know your audience and consider their preferences when choosing the dippers for your chocolate fountain.
Related Post: How to Stop Chocolate Chips Sinking
What Fruit is Good to Dip Into a Chocolate Fountain?
Here are some fruits that pair exceptionally well with chocolate:
- Strawberries: A classic choice, the combination of strawberries and chocolate is always a hit.
- Bananas: Sliced bananas dipped in chocolate are delicious and offer a soft, sweet bite.
- Pineapple: The tropical, tangy flavour of pineapple contrasts beautifully with rich chocolate.
- Apples: Sliced apples provide a crisp and slightly tart contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate.
- Grapes: Easy to dip and delicious, grapes and chocolate are a delightful combination.
- Raspberries: The tartness of raspberries complements the sweetness of chocolate perfectly.
- Oranges: Chocolate and oranges are a classic flavour pairing that never disappoints.
- Kiwi: The tangy and tropical flavour of kiwi is a fun and unexpected pairing with chocolate.
- Pears: Sliced pears have a subtle sweetness that pairs wonderfully with rich chocolate.
- Cherries: Whether fresh or dried, cherries dipped in chocolate are always a crowd-pleaser.
Make sure to wash and dry all fruits thoroughly before dipping them into the chocolate fountain.
Additionally, consider your guests’ preferences and any potential allergies when selecting fruits for your event.
Related Post: How to Melt Chocolate Chips
Unusual Dippers You Can Use to Pair With a Chocolate Fountain?
While fruits and marshmallows are common choices, plenty of unusual dippers pair wonderfully with a chocolate fountain.
Here are some unique ideas:
- Cheese cubes: Particularly hard cheeses like cheddar or gouda can offer a delightful salty contrast to the sweet chocolate.
- Pretzels: The saltiness of pretzels is a perfect match for the sweetness of chocolate.
- Bacon: Crispy bacon strips or bacon bits provide a salty, smoky, and crunchy contrast to the smooth chocolate.
- Potato crisps: The salty and crunchy texture of potato crisps pairs surprisingly well with melted chocolate.
- Spicy chilli peppers: For those who enjoy a bit of heat, dipping spicy chilli peppers into chocolate can be a delightful surprise.
- Olives: The salty and briny taste of olives can be an interesting contrast to the sweetness of chocolate.
- Pickles: The tangy, vinegary taste of pickles can be a surprising yet tasty combination with chocolate.
- Popcorn: Salty or sweet popcorn can add a fun crunch to your chocolate fountain experience.
Remember to consider your guests’ taste preferences and any potential allergies when choosing your dippers.
Additionally, ensure that all items are dry and at room temperature before dipping to ensure the chocolate adheres properly. Experiment and have fun with it!
Where Can You Buy Top Quality Chocolate for a Fountain?
At Whitakers Chocolates, we have a long-standing relationship with chocolate and take great pride in producing the highest quality products using only the finest and natural ingredients.
All our chocolates are gluten-free and suitable for vegetarians, and our dark chocolate is vegan-friendly, making them perfect for everyone to enjoy.
For chocolate fountains, we have a huge range of chocolate products that are perfect for melting.
Our mini dark chocolate 55% shards, called Easymelt, are specifically designed for easy melting, making them ideal for fountains.
Additionally, we offer dual-flavoured chocolate bars in both milk and dark chocolate.
These work exceptionally well for fountains as they can be easily broken into pieces, and the crunchy honeycomb pieces embedded in the chocolate give an extra layer of texture when melted!
Remember, the key to a great chocolate fountain is starting with high-quality chocolate, and at Whitakers Chocolates, we have got you covered.
So why not try our range of chocolate products for your next fountain and experience the difference that quality chocolate can make?
Some Notes From an Expert Chocolatier
At Whitakers Chocolates, we believe that the beauty of a chocolate fountain lies in your ability to let your imagination run wild and experiment with different ingredients.
The choices are endless, from fruits to marshmallows, cookies to pretzels, and much more.
However, one thing that is of paramount importance is the quality of the chocolate you use for melting.
To get the best results, it is essential to use high-quality chocolate. Couverture chocolate, for example, is an excellent option as it has been specifically made for melting.
It contains a higher percentage of cocoa butter than regular chocolate, which gives it a smooth and creamy texture when melted and allows it to coat your dippables beautifully.
Remember, your fondue is only as good as the chocolate you use, so don’t compromise on quality.
Start with high-quality chocolate like our Easymelt shards or dual-flavoured chocolate bars, and let your creativity take over from there.
And most importantly, have fun with it! Enjoy the process of experimenting with different dippables and creating a delicious and memorable experience for you and your loved ones.
Final Notes On What to Dip in a Chocolate Fountain
The possibilities for dipping into a chocolate fountain are endless.
While traditional choices like fruits and marshmallows never fail to delight, don’t be afraid to get creative with your selections.
Whether you’re opting for the familiar sweetness of strawberries or venturing into the realm of salty cheese cubes or crispy bacon, the key is to offer a variety that suits your guests’ preferences.
A well-curated assortment of dippers can transform a chocolate fountain into an unforgettable experience, where the combination of textures and flavours creates moments of pure indulgence.
So, set up your fountain, gather your favourite dippers, and watch as the luscious cascade of chocolate turns any occasion into a delectable celebration.
Some Related Posts:
- How to Clean a Chocolate Fountain.
- What Chocolate Do You Use For a Chocolate Fountain?
- How to Use a Chocolate Fountain